3.09.2011

Product Review: Hair One and La Prairie Rose Illusion

I ran out of Wen last week and rather than wait for a delivery I decided to try Sally's Beauty Supply's answer to Wen: Hair One. I used the Jojoba one for color treated hair. Immediately I noticed the difference while applying it: my hair wasn't as pliable and it was harder to pull my fingers through. I rinsed it out and my hair felt like straw! My hair was half dry before I knew it and the ends look fried and worse by the minute. It was already too late but even applying a leave-in conditioner didn't save this Titanic. My hair is dull, coarse, gross and I feel like I need another shower and a deep conditioning treatment. For $12.99, I'm taking this shit back! If you're looking for an alternative to Wen but want to try the poo-free method try using a regular sulfate free conditioner. I used a Suave moisturizing one last week and got better results than Hair One. I'm still testing to find that perfect inexpensive alternative and will keep you updated! 

On the flip side I finally busted out this jar of La Prairie Rose Illusion that I had been given one year. Yep, another of those "saving for a special occasion" items and at $90-115+ for an ounce you can understand why. But this year is all about using it if you've got it so...

Rose Illusion is an oil free silicon line filler that you apply before your makeup. It minimizes pores, gives your skin a nice matte finish while diffusing light and evens everything out. It's similar to Smashbox's Photo Finish but even better! A little goes a long way which is nice so it'll last me, jeez, probably a year or so? My skin looked soft and glowy and felt like I had a cashmere Snuggy on! Only you know how good it feels but everyone else will see the difference, much like good lingerie. If you're looking for a splurge with immediate impact, go for it! You owe it to yourself to at least try a test sample. You can find La Prairie products at Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman.

1 comment:

aquabluerose said...

Hi Sam!
I have heard of La Prairie Rose Illusion and it sounded nice. It is great to read your experience with it. I might try it because most of the time now I don't want to put on make-up when I am at home working and this would be ideal.
I used to be a total addict with make-up and skin care and then I switched to dolls!! But I still love to read about all the new/old make-up and skin care lines.

gerri XXX